Looking for help trying to decide when it’s time to replace your home windows? Use the following checklist and guidelines on Naperville window replacement companies…
1. Windows at your home in a desperate need for replacement: the frame or sash of your windows deteriorated over the past few years.
Pella’s experts recommend to look for the following signs as indicators that old windows need to be replaced:
- Poor performance — opening and closing is a difficult task; air leaks in, out or around the window; condensation or fogging occurs on or between glass panes; windows are painted or nailed shut and virtually impossible to open;
- Looks — chipping, deterioration or water stains of the window or the area around the window (inside or out) is a sure sign; outdated design or style that doesn’t blend well with the rest of the home;
- Effort — cleaning is a major hassle and another chore to be avoided; replacement parts are hard to find or even non-existent.
2. Would you like to add a more aesthetic look and increase the resale value of your property? Looking for stylish, long lasting window replacement solutions?
Pella’s experts recommend:
- Windows can deteriorate much faster on one side of the house than the other due to differences in sunlight and weather exposure;
- Keep in mind that new windows can differ in the type of style, as well as type of glass from older models, even if you’re trying for a close match;
- To keep the exterior appearance consistent, consider replacing all the windows on one side (or one level if it’s a two-story house) at the same time;
- New replacement windows help seal out the sounds of nature, traffic, or noisy neighbors — thanks to improved design and performance which enhances their soundproofing ability;
- If you’re replacing siding, replace windows before the siding, so that siding can be fit to the new windows, for a neater appearance and better overall energy efficiency.